Thursday, October 11, 2007

They are done!!

Yes, I finished these lovely toe up sockies.... on Thanksgiving day... Monday, October 8th. They turned out beautifully! Very happy with them. Now to tuck them away for Christmas.And this is my next pair. Well, I ripped this off the needles and started again. Twice. Now this is because. I looked at the toe and thought of who it was for, and though, holy crap that is a small toe for her! SO, I tried again.... LOL and the toe was then too big... Now last night I was horrible tired when I was figuring this. Figured how many stitches I wanted to start with, then tried casting on again and got one sock one way on the needles and one the other way... OI.. so, put them in the bag and flung them into the back seat of the truck and said "I am too tired to F**k with this right now." So, might try again today... though, dishes to do, sewing to do, housework to do.... could be a bit... LOL but we shall see. Dontcha love the colours? LOL While we were at the Tire shop I was knitting on these toes and my BIL came over to the truck and said "so, if I fuck around for another hour here I should have a pair of socks?" LOL I told him I did not think they were his colour and he looked down and said "maybe not" LOL And not his size either.... so may have to investigate a pair for him too... we shall see....
Home today anyways... nice change of pace... though lots to get done here too. It's too wet to get into the garden and pull everything, so, that will wait. Just laundry, dishes and vacuuming all that good stuff.... eh...

Talk to you all later!


1 comment:

Deb said...

I love the colours in that yarn! Good luck casting on the toes on.

The blue socks look very warm! :o)