Sunday, July 17, 2011

This and that...

I promised you pictures of the spindle I purchased. Well, here they are!


 It's a very simple yet beautiful spindle. And well.. while I was in the store... good grief I couldn't help but look around..... you know.. yarn fumes... LOL fiber fumes maybe? But this yarn jumped and said, take me home. So, I did. I really enjoyed working with the navy with the Shetland border shawl, so, to see this colour jump up and holler at me.. I decided to take it home. I don't know what it will be yet.. but something pretty I think?
 I finished the wee little project to finish the package for Miss Em. I love it! I am pretty sure she loves it! I can't wait for her to see it in person.... Just need to get it shipped now...

Nice little neck warmer/ cowl to keep the cold out.
 I did cast on my next fishy. It is a Red, Purple and blue.. even though the purple looks a little blue and the red a little wimpy!!
 And this old devil has now got new life. I was wondering what the heck I would do with it after I knit it. That was dragging the life out of it. So my Momma pipes up and says how bout this auntie...  And I thought that was a great idea.. so now it has new life and I have been working at it like crazy!!! I am almost half done the border repeats.. thank goodness... they are getting easier to remember but still a lot of work!! Can't wait to block it though and see how beautiful it is!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

That is truly a beautiful spindle! I eyed it myself while at GW. Often the simple spindles are the most beautiful.

I'm in awe of how much knitting you get done.